Friday, April 9, 2010

Welcome!


Welcome! Bienvenido! Benvinguts! Welkom! Barev hyer! Bien venue! Benvenuti! Kalos orisate! Isibingelelo!

That warm welcome is more for me than anyone else. I have finally moved with technology and created a blog. Phew, pat on the back to me! It´s been on my to-do list for over a year but somehow life kept getting in the way. I have always kept journals and travelogues, as well as small dog-eared books full of thoughts and stories. So why not share, is what I say!

So if you have a moment to spare, your first task can be to try and guess all the languages of my ´welcomes´ (use Google Translate is NOT permitted!) and add any of your own.


2 comments:

  1. yay!! I look forward to reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see some French, Italian, Afrikaans and Ndebele in those welcomes. Thanks for sharing those feelings about Zim. I'm also from Zim and have the same sort of aversion to talking about it, especially when people want you to give a summary on your complex stew of thoughts. You pretty much hit the nail on the head throughout. Keep it up.
    Graham

    ReplyDelete